FINALLY AN ANSWER TO ALL YOUR HANDBRAKE (or lack thereof) PROBLEMS!
Introducing the BBG transfer case handbrake kit - a no fuss, premium quality bolt-on solution!
Precision CNC machined from high strength aircraft grade 7075 T6 Aluminium with a Mil-spec Hard Anodised finish for ultimate durability and a sleek appearance.
Unlike anything else on the market, this kit:
- Is precision CNC made (not some bulky bits of mild steel MIG welded together)
- Is located in a nice concealed spot, minimising potential damage
- Minimalist componentry
- Will never rust (except for steel disc rotor obviously)
- Does NOT require output shaft flange removal
- Can be completely bolted on in under 30 minutes
- Is completely adjustable
- Multi PCD hub to suit most Hilux output shaft PCD's
- Includes extremely in-depth installation instructions and even videos
- Caliper and pads designed specifically for static holding ability
Basically any N50/N60 Hilux with a chain driven transfer case, including Surf/4-Runner.
WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO KEEP UP WITH STOCK, BUT SOMETIMES THERE MAY BE DELAYS WITH MORE INCOMING STOCK - SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK WITH US PRIOR, FOR A MORE ACCURATE GAUGE ON STOCK LEVELS
Benefits of a disc brake transfer case handbrake:
- It actually works (and it works exceedingly well) - unlike the factory drum brake at each wheel.
- By clamping the tail shaft at the transfer case you are effectively quadrupling the clamping force of the brake due to the differential ratio
- Being a disc setup; mud and water will not get trapped inside and limit/ruin the internal components of the assembly like a drum brake
- This kit frees you up to removing your drum brakes on the rear and using our other rear wheel disc brake conversion kit - CLICK HERE
- Simplifies the vehicles handbrake system - which is especially handy for those who have swapped rear axles from other vehicles
- The disc hub is a multi drilled which fits most common Toyota tail shaft PCDs - so you can take this with you if you change transfer cases or even get a different car.
- The disc hub also works as a 12mm tail shaft spacer which helps with those vehicles with a substantial lift - somewhat increasing tail shaft length at full droop
What you get:
- 1x BILLET BRAKE DISC HUB & BRAKE DISC ASSEMBLY
- 1x BILLET CALIPER MOUNTING BRACKET
- 2x BILLET BRACKET SPACER BOSSES
- 2x BILLET CALIPER SPACER BOSSES
- MECHANICAL BRAKE CALIPER WITH CUSTOM BILLET BRAKE PAD SPACER
- PRE-TERMINATED BRAKE CABLE
- HIGH TENSILE BRACKET & CALIPER MOUNTING BOLTS (BRACKET BOLTS ARE MODEL SPECIFIC)
- HIGH TENSILE TAILSHAFT MOUNTING BOLTS & CONELOCK NUTS
- BILLET HANDBRAKE CABLE ATTACHMENT BRACKET/BOSS (MODEL SPECIFIC)
THESE KITS COMPLY TO ALL THE RELEVANT ADRs FOR A VEHICLE SECONDARY/PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM. This means that if you are wanting to have your vehicle engineered with one of our handbrake kits, it will just need to be inspected and the holding ability on a certain % grade - tested by your inspector/engineer.
So, as long as it's installed correctly and adjusted & working properly there is no issue engineering this product.
THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW FOR YOUR ORDER
1: TRANSFER CASE MOUNTING BOLT DIAMETER
Throughout the years and models, there were different transfer case mounting bolt diameters. For instance, an LN130 Surf has M10. Whereas a KZN165 has M8. You will need to pull one out from your case and measure the shank diameter and select it from the drop down box when checking out.
2: UNDER VEHICLE HANDBRAKE LEVER
Also throughout the models, the lever arm under the vehicle has slight variations. Most Hiluxs' have a single cable that runs to the rear axle then splits to each drum brake. Whereas the LN130 Surf for instance, has a Left & Right rear brake cable that comes to a y-block at the lever. Depending on which setup your vehicle has, you will need to check and select the appropriate choice in the drop down box.
3: COMBO DEAL?
We are happy to offer a discounted combo price if you want to purchase a set of our billet rear disc brake conversion brackets as well as our handbrake kit.
SIMPLY ADD THE REQUIRED ITEM TO YOUR CART AND A DISCOUNT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED. They can be found here
INSTRUCTION MANUAL: You will be emailed a link to download a copy of the instructions after purchase.
We are solely the supplier of goods. These are intended for 'off-road' use. We take no responsibility for any faults to do with installation of the product or any on-road legalities. Please take your car to a licensed mechanic if you do not know what you're doing or are not comfortable with undertaking this job.
We do not cover any damage done to this kit from underbody impacts from objects off-road. If you are using your vehicle for serious off-roading, it is well advised to have correct underbody armour installed or made to suit - to shield all key underbody components
THIS IS NOT A DRIFT HANDBRAKE, IT IS A STATIONARY PARK BRAKE - PLEASE DO NOT ACTUATE THE HANDBRAKE UNTIL YOU HAVE COME TO A STOP OR CLOSE TO IT. The forces exerted through this brake can quite easily snap a tailshaft or other driveline components
© BOOSTED & BUILT GARAGE - 2020